In view of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, it has been decided that the 2021 Plenary will be a 'virtual event' comprising live panel sessions, interviews with industry experts and pre-recorded presentations. The theme for the 2021 Virtual Plenary is:Beyond the Global Pandemic – The Critical Role of Submarine Cables
Conference topics include, but are not limited to:
- Critical Infrastructure: New challenges in installing, maintaining and protecting submarine cables during the global pandemic and in the post-pandemic era
- Reliability and Security: How science, engineering, survey and planning developments enhance the reliability of submarine cable systems. Securing critical international infrastructure by working with authorities, stakeholders and other seabed users
- Resilience: Protecting the interests of international telecommunications and power cable system users through collaboration, innovative design and diversified routing
- Sustainability: Advancing science, technology, law, manufacturing, installation and repair so submarine cables remain neutral to benign in the marine environment
- The cut-off date for abstract submission is Friday 13th February 2021.
- Decision notification to presenters by Friday 12th March 2021.
- Pre-recorded presentations to be submitted by 30th April 2021.
- Abstracts can be submitted online by clicking here.
The Call for Papers is available here [?]